Thursday, May 17, 2012

Proud Humility

Romans 5:19
For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous. 
Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
It is hard to look past the effort I put into living righteously but I have to constantly remind myself that it is not I that should be boastful but in God Glorious Works in my life will I boast.  All of my ‘good deeds’ cannot compare to all the sins I have committed so it has to be through grace that I am saved.  I live a sinful life by nature…that is…it is in my nature to sin.  Fighting against my flesh to live to please God has made me into an over comer but still, I still even sin subconsciously.   So I must never be proud.  Righteous living can really clash with worldly living.  But I remember, I am not of this world now that I am in Christ.  It is not easy sometimes to choose Life over death when I am faced with peer pressure or my emotions are running high or I have a negative influence in my life trying to justify sin but God makes it worth it with the future He has promised me.  And if by my example, God can use me to bring others to be saved, then it is all still to His glory and that is good enough for me.  I CHOOSE JESUS TODAY. 
 Romans 5:20-21   The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase.  But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment