Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Power of Getting Back Up




Just a ray of hope for all of us that get down from time to time.  Let's face it, WE ALL do it.  Whether it is resulted from our own choices or from something that we could not have prevented.  Life will always try to knock us down.  I allowed for life to hit me so hard that it took all of the will power I had to get back up.  But I did it.  It was the hardest thing I've ever done but I made it out. Just like Rocky says, it's about how hard we can get hit and KEEP MOVING FORWARD!!  I gave up after a little punch when I was younger and that decision determined the next 10 years for me.  I encourage young people to learn from the ones who have experienced already and have been knocked down.  DONT allow life's little punches to take out the amazing future you have set before you!  I was told growing up that I could do anything that I set my mind to...I always wanted to be everything I always dreamed but everytime I got hit, I would fall and just give up.  It was those times that I 'FELT' helpless that I should have fought harder to GET BACK UP!!  So you see, feelings are ONLY TEMPORARY...DO NOT let them control YOUR FUTURE!!

Zechariah 4:6
'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit'   (This scripture was given to Rocky before a fight)

1 comment:

  1. What a great lesson that speech was! We need more inspiring scenes like that one for young and old alike to draw from. I LOVE that you are now taking all the blows and continuing to move forward! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete